Careers at Scribewise
Do you geek out over helping complex businesses tell their story? Does your pulse quicken talking about the Oxford comma? Do you feel your current job has you on the activity treadmill and what you really want is to be doing work that has real impact?
Scribewise might just be the place that can scratch those weird itches of yours. We’re a hybrid team that enjoys working together to humanize complex business conversations.
See below for specific openings.
(And if you’re on the fence, wondering whether this is really how you want to spend a big chunk of your waking hours, maybe spend a couple of minutes reading about our culture.)
We’re looking for a content marketer who relishes the idea of rolling up their sleeves to write, but who also has the capacity to poke their head up every now and then to think strategically.
We want someone who can understand complex B2B concepts. Someone who can create a compelling narrative out of disparate facts. Someone who doesn’t need to be spoon-fed. Someone who’s a jargon slayer. Someone who raises their hand and asks why. Someone at least slightly obsessed with the latest marketing trends. Someone who wants to be on a team because they believe teams can achieve more than siloed individuals.
Check a bunch of those boxes? Then let’s dig into the deets. We’re on the hunt for B2B content marketer who brings:
- A strategic mindset. Yeah, yeah, everyone says this—we mean we want someone who is not an order taker; we’re looking for someone who takes the time to understand clients’ business goals and helps develop a marketing program that achieves those goals.
- The ability to lead multiple client accounts.
- The courage to be creative. Just because the client requested X and we said we’d deliver X, every now and then we want you to consider Y if you think it achieves the goal in a better way.
- Outstanding writing ability in both healthcare and complex B2B industries, and the intellectual curiosity to learn about new industries.
- Proven success in content writing, journalism and social media.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in content development, media relations and/or social media management.
- A willingness and ability to participate in strategic discussions, both internally and with clients.
- The ability to be self-managing, well-organized and do hands-on work with minimal supervision. But also…
- An enthusiasm for working alongside great colleagues with the goal of creating great work.
- Professional enthusiasm.
- A sense of humor.
Responsibilities may include:
- Account leadership.
- Strategic campaign development for clients, taking into consideration all possible marketing channels.
- Research in specific B2B verticals to gain understanding of client industries, developing into an ability to lead the client.
- Content creation, particularly in the insurance or SaaS industries. This includes the ability to develop and manage an editorial calendar and create significant volumes of written content.
- Work closely with designers and others to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Support Scribewise marketing with blog posts, content experiments, longer pieces, social media participation, etc.
Within 30 days of starting with us, you’ll be expected to do the following for a variety of clients:
- Draft and deliver clean copy and articles that require minimal editing
- Research and develop content ideas
- Be able to engage in industry-specific conversations with clients
- Lead internal client strategy discussions
- Be comfortable organizing and participating in client meetings
Scribewise is a brand dialogue agency. We help our clients drive the conversation with their customers, prospects and employees in order to create trust-based relationships. Brand story development is often where we start, and from that point there are three core components of the work we do:
- Content creation
- Content experience
- Content distribution
To learn about our values and what it’s like behind the curtain, spend a few minutes here:
About the offer
Scribewise offers a benefits package including:
- Competitive salary and annual, merit-based bonus
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Employer-sponsored healthcare, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We pay 100% of insurance premiums for employees
- Personalized career growth path and coaching
- Lots of professional development opportunities
- Plenty of gifts, goodies and team activities
We’re a hybrid team, just now emerging from our Covid Caves to spend quality time in our creative office in one of Philadelphia’s most fun neighborhoods, right above an ice cream shop and adjacent to a terrific sushi restaurant.
Whether gathering virtually or in-person, we’re a close-knit group that collaborates with ease. Wherever you are, around the corner or around the country, we encourage you to apply.
For our team to create brand conversations that appeal to all audiences, we’re building an inclusive and culturally competent team that includes a diversity of ideas, backgrounds, and experiences. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to consider joining our Team.
Scribewise provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, please email email@example.com.